"Poker Dream 9 Post-Tournament Review (Part One)"

 "Poker Dream Post-Tournament Review (Part One)"

 

This article primarily serves to organise my thoughts regarding the post-tournament review of the Poker Dream 9 series.

 

Summary:

In the Poker Dream 9 series, I participated in 11 events, including 5 satellite tournaments (winning a 1000 ticket and a 2000 ticket), 2 NLH TURBO events, 2 OPENING EVENTS (winning 112th place with RM2700), 1 Mini Main event, and 1 free tournament.

 

I spent a total of RM 4950 on buy-ins (comprising 220+220+220+340+1000+1000+1500+450). The total return was RM 2700 in cash + a 1000 ticket (open event) + a 2000 ticket (mini main event), making my paper income RM 5700.

 

Actual loss: RM2250. Investment from sponsors: RM 4000 (2000+2000). Investors' loss: RM 1200 (Return: 2800). My personal loss: RM 1050.

 

ITM(IN THE MONEY) rate: 3/11 = 27.2%

 

I spent 5 days competing, utilising 6 days in total (arriving a day early at Genting), including 4 nights at Genting and 2 days of day trips.

 

Pre-Tournament Strategy and Goals

My primary goal for the series was to reach ITM in the opening event, which I achieved, albeit placing only 122nd out of 1500++ participants. With a total expenditure of RM2500 and winnings of RM2700, I managed to account for the investors. My secondary goals, the NLH and Mini Main, were not met, resulting in some losses, for which I owe an apology to my investors. My predictions and strategies for the opening event were successful; indeed, not many professional players were present, increasing my chances of making it to ITM. The last hand, AKo vs AKs vs 88, was dealt satisfactorily in my view. Being below 5 big blinds, going all-in with AKo was absolutely the POSITIVE EV decision. It was just unfortunate that the AKs ended up with a nut flush, losing to luck.

 

The strategy was to stay from the 27th to the 30th, the last day of the opening event. This decision proved very right, affording me enough rest and saving me the trouble of commuting to Genting, thus conserving my energy for the event rather than travelling. Later on, I found my concentration waning, possibly due to inadequate rest. Next time, accommodation duration should be confirmed in advance to avoid wasting energy on commuting. (On the first day, I walked from First World to Highland and back, not knowing about the shuttle bus, wasting a lot of time walking.)

 

I should have registered for the PokerDream membership card the night of the 27th, but laziness prevented me, resulting in a long queue the next morning, nearly causing me to miss the free tournament. This needs reflection. Moreover, I inquired with staff via WhatsApp only to receive a response the next morning. Direct inquiry would have saved much time.

 

My playing strategy was already set; overall GTO leaning conservative, forgoing marginal gains to focus on my range (about 15-17%) and estimating opponents' ranges. Familiarising myself with the tournament atmosphere, like getting used to the ante before the big blind and personally estimating chips on the table, the pot, my chips, opponents' chips, etc., proved successful. I forwent many marginal gains in favour of concentration at the table, improving my judgement of opponents' ranges and acclimatising to chip calculations and tournament estimation.

 

Texas Hold'em is fundamentally a game of calculation, based on data. My chip count, blind increase intervals, blind levels, my remaining big blinds, average tournament chips, rough distribution of opponents' chips, betting habits, estimated ranges, and more, all influence my decisions. Hence, Texas Hold'em is not merely a game of luck, as it ultimately boils down to calculations.

 

In tournaments with few professional players, I could afford to widen my range, especially in later positions. This is something to remember for the future. My handling post-flop should be an advantage over most recreational players, allowing for appropriate pressure and exploitation. Given my conservative table image, suitable exploitation and increasing bluffing frequency could be beneficial. Hand ranges could be adjusted to around 20%.

 

Tournaments with 15-minute blinds and a starting chip count of 25000 are manageable for me. However, satellite tournaments with the same blind time but only 5000 starting chips are more challenging due to my generally conservative strategy; the rapid blind increase affects my decision-making. Fast tournaments like NLH TURBO with 15-minute blinds and 15000 starting chips are somewhat acceptable. Sticking to my overall strategy and hand range, participating more in main events, less in satellites, and selectively in fast tournaments, maximises expected value.

 

More to follow later.

 

 

poker dream 赛后检讨(一)》

 

 

这篇文章主要是整理自己的想法,是poker dream 9系列赛的赛后检讨部分。

 

总结:

本次Poker Dream 9系列赛,我参加了11场赛事,其中5场卫星赛(赢得1000门票1张,2000门票1张),2NLH TURBO2OPENING EVENT (赢得112th RM2700),1 Mini Main event,还有1场 免费赛。

 

我总共花了RM 4950的金钱来买入(分别是:220+220+220+340+1000+1000+1500+450)。获得的总回报: RM 2700现金 + 11000门票(open event)+ 2000门票(mini main event),算上门票,账面收入是RM 5700

 

实际亏损金额:RM2250。获得投资人的投资:RM 40002000+2000)投资人亏损:RM 1200(回报:2800)我自己亏损:RM 1050

 

进钱圈率:3/11 =27.2%

 

总共打了5天比赛,用了6天时间(第一天我提早到云顶),其中4天住在云顶,2天是当日来回。

 

 

1. 赛前战略目标和策略

 

我对整个系列赛最主要的目标其实就是打入开幕赛的钱圈,这个目标算是实现了,虽然名次只有第122/(1500++人参赛)名,但是总花费只有RM2500,奖金RM2700,算是对投资人有交代了。次要目标NLHMini Main进不了钱圈,亏了点钱,总体上是亏损的,这点上对不起投资人。赛前的预测和策略是成功的,开幕赛确实没有很多职业玩家到场,增加了我进入钱圈的概率。钱圈里面最后一手牌AKoAKs88,自觉处理没问题,低于5个大盲,AKoall in是绝对正EV的决策。只是河牌让AKs成了nut flush,输给运气。

 

赛前的策略是从27号住到30号,也就是开幕赛最后一天。事实证明这个决定非常正确。足够的休息时间和免去上云顶下云顶的麻烦,让我有足够的精力去应付赛事而不是坐车。后面的2天其实打到后期的时候我注意力有点涣散,可能和休息不够有关系。下次比赛需要先敲定住宿时间,避免一直浪费精力在赶路上面。(第一天我从First world 走到highland,再从highland走到First world ,不知道有suttle bus,浪费好多时间在走路。)

 

27号那天晚上其实有开放注册PokerDream会员卡,而我因为懒而没走过去,导致第二天早上我排了好久的队伍,差点没赶上免费赛。这个部分要检讨一下。而且我用whatsapp问工作人员,竟然第二天早上才回复我。其实我应该直接走过去问,就节省很多时间了。

 

赛前我的打牌策略已经确定好,整体GTO偏向保守,放弃边际收益,专注自己的范围(约15-17%)和估算对手的范围。还有习惯比赛氛围,像是先习惯大盲前注这个设定,以及必须亲自估算桌面筹码,底池筹码,自己筹码,对手筹码等等资讯。实际上这个策略很成功,我放弃了很多边际收益,但是换来了我对牌桌的专注程度,提高了我对对手范围的判断,以及让自己尽快习惯计算筹码和对赛事的估算。

 

德州扑克就是个计算的游戏。而计算的基础就是数据。我现在筹码多少,几分钟升盲,盲注级别多少,我剩下几个大盲,赛场平均筹码多少,对手大致筹码分布,对手下注习惯,对手大致范围等等,这些数据都会影响我的决策。所以说德州扑克是个也不算是运气的游戏,因为它最后都可以归纳成计算。

 

在职业玩家不多的赛事中,我可以适当放宽范围,尤其是在后方的位置。这点以后要注意。翻牌后的处理我应该比大部分娱乐玩家有优势,可以适当挤压和剥削。尤其是我的桌面形象偏向保守,适合做一些适当的剥削,以及提高诈唬的频率。手牌范围可以适当调整到20%左右。

 

盲注时间15分钟,起始筹码25000的正赛,对我是没问题的。而盲注时间15分钟,起始筹码只有5000的卫星赛我会比较难受,因为我的整体策略偏保守,起始筹码太少,升盲太快会影响我的决策。如果是盲注时间15分钟,起始筹码15000的快速赛NLH TURBO,也会因为升盲较快而导致决策上有瑕疵,但整体来说还是可以接受的。在不偏离整体策略和手牌范围的情况下,我应该多打正赛,少打卫星赛,适当打快速赛,才是期望值最高的做法。

 

暂时这样。其他迟点再写。

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts