POKER DREAM POST-TOURNAMENT REVIEW (PART THREE)

 

POKER DREAM POST-TOURNAMENT REVIEW (PART THREE)

 

Continuing from the previous part.

 

3. Physical Arrangements and Health

 

Reflecting on this edition of Poker Dream 9, I need to reassess my physical arrangements. On the first day, I started with the free tournament at 9 AM, followed by three satellite tournaments, and then played in the Malaysia Opening Event's first round C-group fast tournament, which lasted until about 1 AM - roughly 16 hours, with about a 4-hour break in between, amounting to around 12 hours of play in total. Looking back, this schedule was exceedingly unreasonable, consuming too much energy and leading to my lack of focus during the crucial C-group fast tournament (a key game for making it to the money rounds), resulting in poor decision-making.

 

Holding AJo in the HJ position, I called a more than 20 big blind ALL-IN from the small blind position. I lost, being significantly behind pre-flop against AKo. A retrospective analysis revealed that it was an absolute mistake to call an All-in with AJo from the HJ position. The initial thought was either to win and continue in the tournament or lose and rest. However, this decision wasn't the result of rational analysis but rather influenced by emotions.

 

The arrangement on the second day showed how adequate rest significantly affects my condition. I only played three games on the second day and managed to get into the money rounds in the Malaysia Opening Event's first round F-group fast tournament that evening. On the third day (March 30th), after completing the final day of the Malaysia Opening Event, I descended the hill.

 

On April 2nd, after sufficient rest, I returned to Genting Highlands, stayed with a friend halfway up the hill, and participated in a 2 PM 1000 buy-in NLH fast tournament, which I also lost. The major decisions were sound, but there's room for improvement in the details. I returned home the same day.

 

My final participation in this series was on April 8th, in the 1 PM Mini Main Event Group B Milestone Qualifier, where I successfully made it to the top 4, earning a ticket for the Mini Main Event Group B super-fast tournament. I finished the tournament with less than five big blinds, losing with 99.

 

Reviewing the entire series, I found that staying near the venue in Genting Highlands, which provided sufficient rest and allowed me to adjust my condition as needed, was most suitable for me. Ideally, there should be a break of at least 30 minutes between games, giving me time to rest and recalibrate before entering the next tournament. Participating in milestone qualifiers consumed a lot of my energy, affecting my focus in subsequent crucial games. Therefore, it's preferable to have at least an hour's rest after a qualifier before starting another game. However, due to my conservative strategy, I usually had to play until the late stages to secure a ticket, which impacted my performance in key matches. Especially since playing group games usually means entering after several levels have been played.

 

So, for future tournaments, it's advisable to participate less in qualifiers and opt for direct buy-ins to group games, ensuring I maintain my focus and potentially reach the money rounds. Alternatively, participating in single-day side events might offer higher returns. It's best not to play more than three tournaments a day, with at least an hour's break between each to maintain focus and make informed decisions.

 

Additionally, it's crucial to address health and wellness. The protective effect of HarmoniG on the gastrointestinal tract was evident, preventing stress-related stomach issues. For the next tournament, I'll ensure a daily intake is prepared. Experimental results showed that TORUBI significantly boosts my energy levels; I consumed it for the first three days, and not for the last two, noticing a difference in my capacity to handle over 10 hours of intense mental activity in the initial days compared to attention lapses after 6 hours of high-intensity games later.

 

In summary, for the next tournament, remember to prepare daily doses of TORUBI and HarmoniG. Limit to no more than three tournaments a day, minimize participation in qualifiers, focus on main or side events, and ensure each game is played with full concentration and accurate decision-making. Ensure at least 7 hours of sleep per night, engage in mindfulness exercises, especially during 15-minute breaks within the tournament, and remember to perform them.

 

文接上篇。

 

3. 体力安排与身体健康

 

本次的Poker Dream 9 来看,我的体力安排要重新调整。第一天我从早上9点开始打免费赛,然后连着3场卫星赛,再打马来西亚开幕赛第一轮C组快速赛,大概到凌晨1点多,大概16小时,中间间隔有4个小时左右,那算下来大概有12小时。现在复盘看来,这个安排极度不合理,浪费过多的精力,导致我在最重要的C组快速赛(这是进钱圈拿到钱的关键比赛)精力不足,注意力涣散,而做出了错误的决定。

 

我在HJ位置拿AJo接了小盲位置超过20个大盲的ALL IN。结果输了,是翻牌前大幅度落后,对手是AKo。这个决定在我事后复盘发现是个绝对的错误,在HJ位置不应该用AJo去接All in。当时脑海中第一个想法是,要么赢继续打比赛,要么输了回去休息。但是这并不是理性的分析以后所做的决定,而是情绪所左右的决定。

 

从第二天的安排来看,足够的休息对我的状态影响很大。第二天我只打了3场比赛,在晚上9点的马来西亚开幕赛第一轮F组快速赛中打到了最后的15%,顺利进入钱圈。第三天(3月30日)打完马来西亚开幕赛决赛日就下山。

 

4月2日休息够了再上云顶,和朋友住在半山,打了一次2点的1000买入NLH快速赛,也是输了。大决策上并没有失误,但是具体细节上还可以优化。当日下山回家。

 

4月8日最后一次打这个系列赛,参加了1点的迷你主赛事B组里程碑资格赛顺利打到前4,拿到门票,参加迷你主赛事B组超快速赛。最后在少于5个大盲的情况下,以99输了比赛。

 

回顾整个系列赛,我发现最适合我的,是住在云顶,也就是赛场附近,让我有足够的休息时间,可以随时调整我的状态。而比赛间隔最好在30分钟以上,让我能够休息下,调整状态,才打下一个比赛。打里程碑资格赛会消耗我很多精力,而就算拿到了票,接下去的比赛会有注意力涣散的情况。所以最好是打完资格赛,休息1个小时,再打下一场。但是由于我预设策略保守的关系,一般我都要打到很后期才能够获得门票,而影响了下一场关键赛事的状态。尤其一般拿到门票以后再打小组赛,都会是小组赛已经打了几个级别以后的事情。

 

所以下次尽可能少打资格赛,而选择直接买入的小组赛,这样就能保持状态去打一个钱圈。或者打单日完结的边赛,收益会更高些。一天尽可能不要打超过三个赛事,而且每个赛事之间要有1个小时左右的休息时间。

 

另外就是身体保健问题。HarmoniG的保护肠胃作用很明显,让我没有因为压力而出现肠胃不适的症状。下次比赛一定要准备好每天用量。而实际测试后发现TORUBI对我的精力保持有显著提高作用,我前三天都有吃,后面两次都没吃,实战中第一天到第三天的精力都足以应付10个小时以上的大脑高速运算。而后面两天在6个小时的高强度比赛后会逐渐出现注意力涣散的情况。

 

总结,下次比赛记得准备好TORUBI和harmoniG的每日用量。然后每天不打超过三次赛事,尽可能少打资格赛,多打正赛或者边赛,尽可能维持每个赛事都可以集中注意力,做出正确的决策。每天不要少过7个小时的睡觉时间,多做正念练习,尤其在比赛中间的15分钟休息时间,记得一定要做。

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts